What is the FDA's role concerning the safety of wireless phones?
LG VX6100 Phone: What is the FDA's role concerning the safety of wireless phones? Under the law, the FDA does not review the safety of radiation-emitting consumer products such as wireless phones before they can be sold, as it does with new drugs or medical devices.Subject: LG Phones - Sub Subject: LG VX610
Date: 6/16/2019 Status: SOLVED
2 answered / 2 voted, 17 viewed.
Under the law, the FDA does not review the safety of radiation-emitting consumer products such as wireless phones before they can be sold, as it does with new drugs or medical devices.
However, the agency has authority
to take action if wireless phones are shown to emit radiofrequency energy (RF) at a level that is hazardous to the user.
In such a case, the FDA could require the manufacturers of wireless phones to notify users of the health hazard and to repair, replace, or recall the phones so that the hazard no longer exists.
Although the existing scientific data do not justify FDA regulatory actions, the FDA has urged the wireless phone industry to take a number of steps, including the following:
● Support needed research into possible biological effects of RF of the type emitted by wireless phones
● Design wireless phones in a way that minimizes any RF exposure to the user that is not necessary for device function and
● Cooperate in providing users of wireless phones with the best possible information on possible effects of wireless phone use on human health.
ANSWERS Write an Answer
❝What is the FDA's role concerning the safety of wireless phones?❞ answers. technician asked first. Total 2 replies.
Hint: Waco, TX?.. good! :)🏼
- FDA wireless phone safety
- Federal Communications Commission regulations
- Electromagnetic radiation exposure
- Mobile phone health risks
- Radiofrequency radiation standards
- Wireless device safety guidelines
- Cell phone radiation limits
- Radiofrequency energy emissions
- Mobile phone SAR values
- FDA testing procedures
- RF exposure assessment
- Cell phone radiation levels
- Wireless device emissions testing
- Electromagnetic field safety
- RF exposure standards
- Mobile phone SAR compliance
- FDA regulatory oversight
- Wireless device emissions limits
- Cell phone health concerns
- Radiofrequency radiation exposure limits
- FDA consumer guidance
- Electromagnetic radiation and human health
- Mobile phone safety regulations
- RF exposure assessment methods
- Wireless device safety testing
- Cell phone radiation testing
- FDA safety recommendations
- Radiofrequency radiation exposure risks
- Wireless phone SAR certification
- Electromagnetic safety guidelines
Asked about: How long does the Honor MagicWatch 2 Sport's battery last with continuous usage?Honor / Calculating Honor MagicWatch 2 Sport battery usage Answers: 0 27
What is the history and background of the Chargers in the NFL, including their relocation from San Diego to Los Angeles?
Who are some of the notable players and key figures associated with the Chargers franchise in the NFL? What impact has the Chargers had on the Los Angeles sports scene since their move to the city?Los Angeles Chargers / What is the history and background of the Chargers Answers: 6 270
How have the Pittsburgh Steelers performed in recent NFL seasons, and what are their prospects for the future?
What is the history and legacy of the Pittsburgh Steelers in the NFL? Who are some of the most iconic players and coaches associated with the Steelers franchise?Pittsburgh Steelers / Pittsburgh Steelers performed in recent NFL season Answers: 5 211
What is the estimated cost associated with replacing the glass on an iPhone, and does it vary depending on the model and extent of damage?
How can I effectively repair or replace the cracked glass on my iPhone? Are there any DIY options available for replacing iPhone glass, or is it advisable to seek professional assistance?iPhone screen repair / Replacing iPhone glass Answers: 6 244
Are there potential health risks associated with prolonged exposure to cell phone electromagnetic radiation? What are some common safety measures or precautions people can take to reduce their exposure to cell phone electromagnetic radiation?LG Phones / Mobile phone radiation effects Answers: 6 188
How does the level of high-definition television impact the clarity and quality of the viewing experience? Are there industry standards for high-definition television levels, and how have they evolved over time?HD TV / Picture quality variance Answers: 7 212
How do I connect my Samsung TV to a Bluetooth soundbar, and what are the required steps for a successful pairing?
What should I do if my Samsung TV and Bluetooth soundbar are not pairing correctly, and I'm experiencing connectivity issues? Are there any compatibility considerations to keep in mind when trying to connect a Samsung TV with a Bluetooth soundbar?Samsung / Samsung TV to a Bluetooth soundbar Answers: 7 237
Can you provide troubleshooting steps for homeowners to address the "LE" fault on their LG washer? Is the "LE" fault code typically related to a specific component or issue within the LG washer's system?LG Washer / How to fix LG washer LE error Answers: 6 250
Can you guide me through the process of adjusting the time on a Breville microwave? What are the steps to reset the clock on a Breville microwave? Is there a specific button or menu for changing the time on Breville microwaves? Are there any tips or tricks for quickly updating the time on a BrevilleMicrowave / Changing time on Breville microwave Answers: 8 214
Can you guide me through the process of setting the time on the Amazfit GTS 2e fitness tracker?Amazfit / GTS 2e Answers: 0 193